Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 27, 2015 - Work, Work, Work

Hola familia y amigos,

I have to start off with some bad news. starting in August the internet time for the missionaries in Chile Santiago Norte will be cut to one hour. So be patient with my abilities to write you all and also the slow internet we have here in the island.

This week we gave the church a good deep cleaning. A mission representative is scheduled to come in a couple more months, and some of the rooms in the church were disorganized, so we dedicated two mornings to cleaning it up. It was kind of fun to see what was hidden away. We found a newspaper clipping from the church newspaper of when Elder Holland visited the island, and we saw a couple familiar faces in the foto. 

We were working a lot this week with the activity we have coming up in two weeks. It is an activity about family history so we are trying to get the members to invite their friends.

Also, Elder S got a call on Thursday from one of the counselors of the mission president calling him as the branch president here on the island. We have a leader now!!!!
Left to right: Elder A, Elder E and Elder S in Orongo

We also spent Friday morning trying to fix our shower. the water doesn't stop coming out so we ended up buying faucets that didn't fit. It still doesn't work right, but we are working on it.

We stopped by to visit T on Friday. He is a recent convert. We sat down with him to set a couple of goals with him. He isn't doing to well in school, so we are helping him understand what his priorities are, so his mom will keep letting him go to church.

We also taught english to M and L. L is one of our investigators, and we had been looking for a way to teach his girlfriend as well. She asked if we could teach her English, so we did, and we taught the gospel afterwords. It's  a good way to meet people here. We teach a lot of English in order to teach the gospel.

Saturday morning we were knocking doors, and I asked elder E where we should go. Elder E is a very good missionary, but sometimes he struggles to know what to do. I asked for his guidance, and he suggested that we knock a certain street, so we went there, and the first door we knocked had a guy that came out and let us in right away. Apparently he had been baptized about 20 years ago, and just had a baby girl. We were able to teach him, and pass the reference to the other missionaries because we found M while he was visiting his mom. well done elder E!
Elder Williams and Elder E on their trip to Orongo

On Sunday we had Elder S sustained as branch president with hno T as first counselor and elder A as second counselor. Elder E was called to be secretary, and I am the pianist now! I have a week to learn the piano. Pray for me!

The island is the most beautiful place in the world, and the best part about being here is that I can enjoy the beauty while I teach the gospel. We get rejected, and then we see a moai or an awesome sunset. It is like God is saying "well that didn't go too well, but remember that there are more important things that I have in store for you" I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. I have dedicated my life to Him. I love Him. I am not perfect, but I am trying to get better everyday because that is what He expects of me.

Love,

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment