Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Thursday, July 16, 2015

June 1, 2015 - Happy Birthday To Me..... In Two More Days

Hola familia y amigos,

First off I want to start and say thanks for all of the birthday messages. I feel really awesome. Thanks to all of you that have helped me get to this point in my life. I am only what you all have helped me become.

Anywho, let me tell you about my week. On Tuesday we had another soccer game. we got permission from the President to have a soccer team made up of members of the church and the missionaries. we were playing against the second best team here on the Island and we lost. I was the goalie, and after losing 2-7 we are looking for another goalie. the team is a great way to build unity among the members and the people who are getting to know the Church

On Thursday we got to do a service project for M. We helped her in her garden. She said she was able to read a little bit of the Book of Mormon, but she wasn't able to pray about it. She said she was going to read more. She is such a sweet lady. She has a lot of things to do in her house. She has two little boys, and she is working two part time jobs. 

On Thursday, we were able to visit with L. as well. L. is an investigator that has been going to church for a while now, and recently his girlfriend M. arrived from Peru and they are living together. We started teaching M. They had some questions about a modern prophet, so we showed them a video of Thomas S. Monson. M saw it and was really impressed. they are working on picking a wedding date.

On Friday we were going to meet up with a less active convert, R to help construct a music school. the Toki school is a Non profit that is working to preserve and teach Rapa nui music to kids. they are made of all volunteers. We came to work, but Rosa didn't show up because of her work, but we met some awesome guys that were working there as well.

On Sunday we celebrated the birthday of T. He is the most recent convert here on the island. We played foosball with him and we ate a ton of cake and meat. we also played a prank on him and threw balloons with flour at him (its a rapanui tradition).

This week was a lot of fun, and it was a lot of hard work. I try to include the highlights of the week because no one wants to read "I walked, knocked a door, and no one was there. then I went to knock another door, and a little kid opened the door and said his parents weren't home". It would get a little boring, but I want you all to know that I am working hard on the outside as well as on the inside. I am trying to develop a greater love for the people and more humility. I know that I'm not perfect, but Jesus Christ didn't come to help perfect people. I know that He lives and that He is changing my life.

Love,

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment