Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Thursday, July 16, 2015

May 11, 2015 - Happy Mother's Day

hola familia y amigos

This week includes a year completed in the mission and Mother's Day. It was therefore, an awesome week.

I'm going to keep this email short, because I talked with my family yesterday and told them a lot of things. This week we had a lot less service to do. however on Friday we helped a member construct a roof and weed the side of a house. They didn't have clippers, so we used machetes. That was fun.

On Thursday I completed 1 year in the mission. To celebrate, we got home in the night and made a little fire pit in our backyard and we roasted smores. It was so awesome. There's a tradition in the mission to burn a white shirt, but I like my clothes so I burned marshmallows!

On Sunday, we had a special Mother's Day program in the church. I played the piano for a musical number. The sacrament meeting was put on by the young men in the ward. The young men that participated are all recent converts and investigators. It was awesome. They sang a special musical number to finish. 

We ran into a surprise in the church as well. There was a guy who arrived to the church who was speaking English! His name is Dallin and he is working on the island in an internship from BYU Hawaii. It was cool to talk with him. when he was looking for the church, He talked with one of his co workers who is a less active member here, and he asked her if she would go to church with him to show him where it was. he reactivated a member the first time he came to church. He is only going to be here for 6 weeks, but he is awesome.

The mothers day call went well. I hope everyone talked with their mothers. that is very important. 

I know that the church is true and that the Gospel is what blesses families more than anything else in the world.

love,

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment