Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Thursday, July 16, 2015

June 8, 2015 - ¡Feliz Cumpleaños a Mi!

Hola familia y amigos,

This week I turned 21! It was an exciting day and it added onto another exciting week here on Easter Island.

On Tuesday, we got to teach M. who is a less active member of the church here. She told us that when she was baptized she hadn't really developed a testimony of Joseph Smith, and that she wants our help so she can gain one. It was a very spiritual lesson, and we were able to understand what really goes on in the mind of less actives in the church. They know what they need to do, but they don't want to do it. That is also how Amulek felt before he became a very powerful companion to the prophet Alma in the Book of Mormon.

After that we got to teach M. She is also a less active member of the church who has a son who is not a member.We taught about the Restoration, and she committed to reading the Book of Mormon again to know if it is true. Sometimes you have to jog the memory to remember the testimony you already have.

On Wednesday, I celebrated my birthday.It was a pretty typical day until the night time where 3 families invited me to eat food and celebrate at the same time. First we went to I. and P's house. We ate food and they sang Happy Birthday to me in Rapanui. After that we went to L's house. He had arroz con leche and a little cake ready for me. After that we went to C's house. He had a cake and fish ready for me. He gifted me some cologne! It's not because I smell bad, it is so I can smell even better!

On Thursday we went to the library on the Island because we are preparing a family history activity, and we are researching the resources that the Island has to help with family history. while we were on the way to the museum by bike seat broke off, so I had to ride on my bike that morning without a seat. It was very tiring on my legs.

This week we also had an activity with some investigators and the first counselor in the branch and we went fishing! I took pictures, but I left my camera in the house, so I will send them next week. I caught a fish! it was a little one, but it still counts! 

on Friday, I cooked lentejas for lunch. Lentejas is a very authentic chilean food, and I was very proud of myself for making it for the first time. That night we also taught a less active recent convert named B. She also doesn't have a very strong testimony of Joseph Smith. We have had to teach about Joseph Smith a lot to less actives.

on Saturday we left the house early to drop our bikes off because Elder Espinoza´s wasnt breaking well. when we left it started to pour, so we got all wet. after that we went to a service project all wet. we ate lunch and changed our clothes and we were walking the rest of the day. because we were walking we could do about one third of the things we usually do.

Yesterday we found an awesome new family!They have been here on the island for about 4 months. They are both pharmacists. we asked them what they would ask God if they could ask of him one thing. the dad said a family that will be together forever and the mother said strength to be a good example for her kids! They were really nice and said we can pass by whenever we want. they are awesome!

This week was definitely a blast. Even after two months here, I am still getting used to the island. I am working different spiritual muscles here. It is called missionary work because it is hard, but we teach the plan of happiness so we are happy as well. I know that this is the work of the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that He is the Savior of the world and He has not left us to our own self destruction. He has a church to help us, and a gospel to save us. I try every day to share this message so the Spirit can tell people that it is true. I am learning to love the people here, and as I love them, they hear the Spirit more easily.

Love,

Elder Williams




 One of Elder Williams' birthday parties

Another birthday Party!

 He still loves to fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment