Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 12, 2016 - So hard to say goodbye

Hola familia y amigos,

This week was so crazy!!! Seriously tons of things have happened.

On Wednesday we were in a zone conference all day with the President. We talked about area`s plan to increase Sabbath Day worship, temple attendance, and self sufficiency. A the end of zone conferences they always let the missionaries that go home give their testimonies. After seeing two years worth of zone conferences it was finally my turn to do it and say goodbye to the mission. Don't worry, I said goodbye but I keep working like I arrived in Chile yesterday.

On Thursday we spent a good chunk of the day doing all of my visa paperwork and procedures. That meant waiting in a lot of lines and talking with people from different parts of the world. We always run into other missionaries and other gringos there and its fun to talk with them.

That night we got to teach angel and Claudia and Jeremias. They are a family. Claudia is a member of the Church but her two children, Angela and Jeremias aren't members. Claudia has cancer so usually they have to take care of her and they aren't able to go to church but we are working to see if they can switch off who goes which Sunday so they can attend church and get baptized.

On Friday I went on an intercambio with Elder Arce. He`s the same Elder Arce that was in the same ward as me in Quilicura. Iit was awesome to be with him again. He was working really hard and we were able to receive a lot of references from the members.

On Saturday we worked a ton. We taught Jimmy, Adler, and David. they are all Haitians. They all live in different houses and we teach them in Spanglish.T hey have a lot of faith and want to go to church.

We also received a lot of references from the members. The members are really stepping it up here in San Pablo. They are really helping with the work.

On Sunday we had Jimmy, Jimmy`s cousin, and David at church. One member invited a friend named Jaime to church and the non member husband of a member came. We had 5 at church. It was interesting to go to the ward because neither my companion nor I knew anyone! 

After church we taught Antonio. He is an investigator from Peru. He believes that the church is true and is open to baptism so we are going to help him go to church next week.

Yesterday we got to do a fun service project to help some old investigators. We destroyed a floor. We took out a wooden floor with crow bars and hammers and saws. It was a mejor stress reliever. After that we taught Pablo and Aurora. They told us that they had thought about joining the church but then ran into a lot of things on the internet, so now they aren't too sure. It's going to be a big struggle with them, but I know they will find the truth.

This morning we played soccer with the zone. Americans against Latins. They creamed us....but we did get a couple of goals on them.

When I said goodbye to the mission of Wednesday I really realized how much I have come to know the Savior during my mission. I gained a testimony of the divinity of the Restoration of the Church and the Gospel of Jesus Christ before the mission, but it is here that I have really learned that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. I feel so honored to represent Him and a little confused that He would extend that calling to me. I am excited to work very hard until the last day of my mission because that is what Christ did.

love,

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment