Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Jan 26 - I'm stayin here

hola familia y amigos!

changes are today, but Elder Huraca and I are both staying here in lo campino. actually, all of the elders in our district are staying here, so we got pizza today to celebrate!
Pizza party


District class
on Monday we had an awesome lesson with Anaiz, oscar, and the familia pino. we met in the pino home and taught about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Anaiz said that she read the book of mormon and received her answer that the church is true! she also said that she is going to get baptized. we are now working with them so they can pick a day to get married. the thing that is awesome about Anaiz and oscar is that they both love the church. the members greet them, and they feel comfortable there. they have lots of friends in the ward that live close to them as well, so that helps a lot. another thing that was awesome was that the pino family during the lesson testified a lot. I would like to give the invitation to all those that read this letter to allow the missionaries to teach in your home. members and non members. I think there are a lot of members who think "when the missionaries call me, I will let them teach in my home" or "when the missionaries find investigators they can bring them to my house." I would say that the missionaries in your ward would love you to help them find people by inviting your friends over to hear the missionaries in your home. invite your friends over for a family home evening or for dinner and invite the missionaries as well. they can share a message with you and your friends that will strenghten your relationship and bless your lives.

on Tuesday I was on an intercambio with elder Sierra from colombia. we taught a mother and a daughter (Luisa and Daniza) for the first time. we taught them about the restoration and we invited them to read the book of mormon. on Saturday we received a call from Daniza who told us that she read the whole book in two days. we have an appointement with her on tomorrow, so we are a little excited to see what happens.

on thursday I was in the sector of elder Fischer for another intercambio. in that sector they use bikes. I got to ride a bike for the first time in the mission!!! I didnt take a picture though which is a little lame, but I´m sure I´ll do it again soon.

on Saturday Yunia had her baptismal interview and she got baptized this Sunday.


her family from the south of Chile (Valdivia actually) came up to see Yunia and her boyfriend Smit get married and then get baptized this sunday. we didnt go to Yunia´s wedding because it was outside of the mission, but the baptism was great. there were a lot of people there, but unfortunatly, Yunia´s family was really busy and Yunia actually had to leave right after her baptism and didnt get to stick around for the talks afterword. she was really nervous right before her baptism but when she came out of the waters she was smiling  a lot and wasnt worried at all.

Im so thankful that I have the chance to serve a mission here in Santiago. I really am learning to love the people here. Chile really is the best. I know that the this church is the church of Jesus Christ, and that it is the only church that contains the power of God for the salvation of God.

Love,

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment